Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A reason I don't like rain.

It has been a few years since they built my workshop. A 30' x 40' x 12' with the wall 8" thick and the ceiling 24" on the south end and 34" on the north end. It allows me an R30 walls and R50 ceiling of blown fiberglass insulation. I also was concern about ventilation under the roof. So I had some vents put in. One other thing about the west wall siding and roof decking, we painted the OSB with e-Bearer paint. It keeps the inside 20 degree cooler.

All was well and good up until last week. I had seen a stain on the floor for a long time but I figured it was leaking under the overhead doors. I guess it wasn't. I haven't found anyplace where it leaks except for those vents. Besides, on the inside that where the water appears the greatest. I just hope not much as gotten into the ceiling insulation. That would be unreal to fix.

I had a sheet metal shop make some deflectors. Hopefully that will take care of the water.

I have to remove all of the stuff on the wall to get access to the insulation. Boy is it wet. and there is some white mold growing in at least one of the cavity. I don't know what it is yet, got to find somebody to tell me what it is. As for the fiberglass I think it is ruined. I am really worried what is the long term of this damage.

The worst part of this is moving things that I had on the south wall and trying find a place to put it. If I didn't have the Triumph in there, it would be so bad. I never thought this would ever happen to me. This is one of the worst things that could have happened. I have so many projects on hold because of this it is insane. I have other things better to do than this. I'm getting to old to climb a ladder and these sheets of OSB is heaver with a little water soak in.

Help, who would want to. This is drive me crazy. I don't know what else to say.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

No comments: