Friday, February 5, 2010

What going on with my life, nothing.

It has been a while since I have done much of anything. I mean I only got one eye operated on and it am having problems trying to see the left eye, it didn't get the operation yet, is trying to take over what I am looking at. Hare to focus a camera. And speaking of a camera, since I am left eye dominant, my nose will often push the shot button and it is either set for timer or repeat. That has cause me to miss some shots. Sucks.

So I have been unable to do much that takes hand-eye-coordination. So I have worked on that '70 Triumph getting it read for the sand blaster. The engine stand that I built out of wood failed and I made one out of steel. Not real happy with the bolting locations. We'll see. I still haven't decided what to do about the engine. One cylinder doesn't have good compression. Not sure why, something i have to look into.

I made a boboo. While using a air chisel I cut some of the floor pan. The distance between the edge of the body is impossible to reach with a Hammer & Dolly. So I build a holder to hold a sledge hammer. I uses an 1 1/4" threaded rod because I need it adjustable in height. Oh it looks nice all right, but wait and see.

Whaile all of this have been going on it started snowing here and we got about 3". OK, but that just made mud and makes it next to impossible to walk to the shop. That would have been it but it started raining for three days and now it has gotten worst. The road in front of the house, the gravel as gone down into the mud. It is a mess at this minute.

That's not the worst part at this time, the rain has leaked into the south wall of the shop and gotten the blown fiberglass insulation wet. Now I have to take the OSB down so it can dry out. I called the guy that built the shop and told him, 'that I noticed stains on the floor, but I though it was coming under the overhead door.' It appears that where I caulked might have keep the water from draining out.

Boy am I heart broken.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

No comments: